Is my new faucet properly vented? Nope!

Users who are viewing this thread

oaomcg

Reaction score
Note all of the items Terry listed in # 10.

As far as i can tell the open sewer is the only violation.

We run 2" to the santee, by code. -this is 2" but IPC apparently only requires 1.5" in a kitchen anyway
The p-trap can be 1.5" - check
The 90 where it goes vertical must be a long turn, not medium. -medium turn allowed by IPC on 2" or smaller fixture drain
There needs to be a full size cleanout for the sink. -code says cleanout or "removable p trap" required. not sure what constitutes a "removable p trap"
You can't have an open pipe from the sewer that isn't trapped. -This is the part they are going to be fixing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
SOmetimes, they install a trap using tubular fittings which use a nut and sealing ring, sometimes, they use solvent welded pipe. If you can take it apart, you can use what's left after removing the trap as a cleanout...if it's all solid, solvent welded together, you need a cleanout. IOW, there must be a way, without destroying things, of accessing the pipe to clean out a clog.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks