Irrigation. What's wrong with this picture?

Users who are viewing this thread

MLT25

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie here. Had an irrigation system installed back in March/April and haven't needed it too much with all the rain here in Michigan, but now that someone finally flipped the Summer switch it's in action a lot.

I noticed this morning that along the street there's four heads that are not all doing the same thing. One seems to be lower that the rest, but the spray looks like "normal". The other 3 along the row all seems to be higher and the sprays all seem to be more "streams" than normal.

There's a very good chance I'm over-thinking this so I've attached pics and welcome all suggestions or comments.

Thanks,

Mike

IMG_0788.JPG

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
As the ground settles after trenching and a few freeze thaw cycles, things move. It also depends on how the sprinkler heads are connected. Usually a funny pipe between the water main and the sprinkler head. This allows the head to move to minimize breaking especially when a car parks on top of the head or a snow plow drives over it. There is nothing to be concerned about. Sprinkler heads are not permanent and require maintenance. Every few years you may find you have to dig around one to bury it deeper as the freeze cycle pushes it upward, sometimes to get them higher up.

blacks-toro-sprinkler-tubing-pipes-53784-64_400_compressed.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It appears you have Hunter PGP rotors. This you tube shows how to adjust them. At the 3:20 second mark shows how to adjust the spray. Turning down the screw will spread out the water stream. If they are not Hunters, there will still be a screw to turn down perhaps with a small flat head screwdriver.

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
The nozzle set screw on the second head is diffusing the stream. There may be a reason like it was hitting a tree of bush or someone just wasn’t paying attention. Those are Rainbird 5000 you can use a small flat head to adjust.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks