Indirect Heater decision

Users who are viewing this thread

Nj6964

Reaction score
I’m currently on my second boilermate after the first one leaked after 3 years and now second one is leaking after 2 years. Amtrol is offering to send me a new one with insight that they changed the internal plastic liner supplier and its improved performance.

My question is, I’d prefer to have a stainless tank in general and I have some doubts about another boilermate. Has anyone seen improved performance with these new batches of boilermate or are they old news anyway. If it’s free I’m thinking might as well just take it, but I’d hate to get back on the leaky merry-go-round.

I’ve narrowed down my selection of stainless, it chosen, to be triangle tube smart 316 or HTP superstor ultra. I was curious what the results from this forum are. I’ve heard good things about Tri tubes “tank in tank” design and there no coils to scale up. I don’t love that’s there not an easy drain down low but not the end of the world.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

P.S. Amtrol has said they have a stainless boilermate launching sometime early 2024, not sure if I want to trust a brand new product, and it may be more of the same.

Nj6964

Reaction score
The internal bottle has cracked so nothing I can readily replace.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks