In search of old Wirsbo or Uponor PEX

Users who are viewing this thread

PEX Collector

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking for Wirsbo or Uponor PEX from the early 2000s. Ideally unused.

I’ll gladly buy it off of you if you’re willing to part with it. If you have something that I might be interested in, please post the date code or “UB” code so I can verify how old it is. Thank you all so much!

-The PEX Collector

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't have any OG pex tubing, but I do have the original tool and likely some original fittings. Would be a bit to dig them up tho.

I was the original installer that the local rep hired to test the system in the seattle area.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking for Wirsbo or Uponor PEX from the early 2000s. Ideally unused.

I’ll gladly buy it off of you if you’re willing to part with it. If you have something that I might be interested in, please post the date code or “UB” code so I can verify how old it is. Thank you all so much!

-The PEX Collector

Okay, my curiosity is getting the best of me.. are you getting on the bandwagon early for collecting PEX like early baseball cards or are you doing some analysis of the pipe and comparing it to current production Uponor?

John

PEX Collector

Reaction score
I don't have any OG pex tubing, but I do have the original tool and likely some original fittings. Would be a bit to dig them up tho.

I was the original installer that the local rep hired to test the system in the seattle area.
I would love to pick your brain sometime. Let me know if you could chat.

PEX Collector

Reaction score
Okay, my curiosity is getting the best of me.. are you getting on the bandwagon early for collecting PEX like early baseball cards or are you doing some analysis of the pipe and comparing it to current production Uponor?

John
Now I’m curious why you ask about comparing the old stuff to the new stuff. I love how hard it is to find the old stuff.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Now I’m curious why you ask about comparing the old stuff to the new stuff. I love how hard it is to find the old stuff.

Because there's been recent press about Uponor PEX A failures, and all seem to be in the 4-10 year window - not the older stuff that's been around for 30 years..

John

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
pretty much unbeliveable hobby . no offence I mean someone looking for a roll of toilet paper from 1890 would be beliveable but 22 year old pex , I dont know . definately sounds fishy just my take

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks