Ikea vanity plumbing help?

Users who are viewing this thread

neeksimons

Reaction score
Hi im installing my new ikea vanity, they use a special p trap assembly to clear their drawers on their vanity units and the p trap is 1 1/2. My drain in my wall is 1 1/4, what fittings would i need to make my ikea p trap go into my 1 1/4 drain. Theres also an old rusted fitting on the existing drain that i cant remove. It has threads on the end of it. What can i use to make this work?

Attachments

• IMG_7322.jpeg
    IMG_7322.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7323.jpeg
    IMG_7323.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7324.jpeg
    IMG_7324.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7325.jpeg
    IMG_7325.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 23

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Fairly likely that the tee is 1.5" so remove the brass trap adapter and then, add a short brass nipple or brass trap adapter.
You will need muscle and leverage, so you might'n want to pull the vanity.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Breplum nailed it you prep the drain befor cabinet install , I cant see but sounds like you need to get that nut off and clean the male threads. Weve all done it by crawling inside but its way harder

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks