Hydro Quad 1054 water softener question

Users who are viewing this thread

storm62

Reaction score
Hello everyone Just wanted to ask a question about my 7 yr old water softener-I noticed just after a regeneration cycle my water pressure gets real low i can hear thumping inside the softener.. This goes on for about 5 mins or so then we have full 100% pressure until the next regeneration cycle.. I believe Air is getting into the tank somehow while doing a regeneration I hear the thumping inside the tank and the water shoots out of the outside bib with pulses you can almost hear the air passing out.. Any ideas?? Cleaned Brine tank float everything is working good.. Thanks for any help!!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Air in the system is usually a result of a bad aircheck in the brine tank. Double check that. Maybe post a picture of the one you have. You may simply need to replace the aircheck. As to the low flow, this is usually caused by worn media.

storm62

Reaction score
Air in the system is usually a result of a bad aircheck in the brine tank. Double check that. Maybe post a picture of the one you have. You may simply need to replace the aircheck. As to the low flow, this is usually caused by worn media.
Thank you!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks