Huge water leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

narrr40

Reaction score
When I was taking a shower and the water pressure dropped drastically and the water started to run out cold.
I check the water heater and I find that the water flow exceeds the heating capacity for which it is designed.
by closing the water heater's inlet . The supply of hot and cold water to the showers was cut off.
knowing this I closed all the water valves in the house and reopen the heater's inlet. The water flow continues to exceed the capacity of the heater. The water meter shows a high water flow and I start walking around the house. I didn't find visible leaks.
Does anyone have any idea what to do?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
determine if leak is on hot side assuming its on slab just a guess slab is pretty common last 60 years feel floor for hot and listen either repair or run new line over head

Reach4

Reaction score
If you cut off the supply valve that supplies the WH, and the flow indicator on the water meter stops, clearly there is a leak in a hot water pipe.

If the flow does not stop, there still could be a leak in the hot water system if there was a crossover connection at a fixture.

In southern FL, I suspect you are on a slab.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Ir thermometer throttle down the hot water turn the heat up on the tank. Might get you.in the general area then with a two foot piece of hose used like a stethoscope might be able to get closer

eaglingeye

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm of no help but I also have a huge leak issue...right next to the building that houses our Well we have discovered a sink hole. This was discovered in 2 ways....one I did 4 loads of laundry and it drained our well....thinking it cracked somewhere we paid for a water delivery to our 2 reservoir tanks and turned the pump back on....after 1/2 an hour without the pump shutting off we realised something was up...yep...drained 500 gal of our freshly delivered water to??? no idea.....while digging up the pipes leading to the house from the well in order to find 'the leak' (or gusher) had to move a rain barrel and to do that I had to dump it...which I did....and it went down this 1' hole and showed NO SIGN that there had ever been any water.....we uncovered most of the pipes and could find no leak and are about to attempt it again....my query is...I want to dig open the sink hole and see what the heck is going on but my husband insists we leave well enough alone and don't touch it....so .... any thoughts/ideas/assistance? Thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm of no help but I also have a huge leak issue
To post a new thread:

If you see the name of the forum you want to post into, try clicking that. Otherwise, click Forums, which gets you to http://www.terrylove.com/forums/index.php

Click the name of the forum that you want to post into.

On the right, click on "Post New Thread".

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm of no help but I also have a huge leak issue...right next to the building that houses our Well we have discovered a sink hole. This was discovered in 2 ways....one I did 4 loads of laundry and it drained our well....thinking it cracked somewhere we paid for a water delivery to our 2 reservoir tanks and turned the pump back on....after 1/2 an hour without the pump shutting off we realised something was up...yep...drained 500 gal of our freshly delivered water to??? no idea.....while digging up the pipes leading to the house from the well in order to find 'the leak' (or gusher) had to move a rain barrel and to do that I had to dump it...which I did....and it went down this 1' hole and showed NO SIGN that there had ever been any water.....we uncovered most of the pipes and could find no leak and are about to attempt it again....my query is...I want to dig open the sink hole and see what the heck is going on but my husband insists we leave well enough alone and don't touch it....so .... any thoughts/ideas/assistance? Thank you
Yes start a new thread, Its hard to follow but it wont fix itself so maybe you and hubby need to get on same page.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks