(Hopefully) simple storm window question

Users who are viewing this thread

dcf1999

Reaction score
My Andersen windows suck and they leak a lot of air. I was looking at installing low e storm windows. I also want to install them to prevent snow from blowing through the screen and getting a "snow drift" between window glass and screen.

Anyways I'm trying to read on how to measure and install them and my windows don't look like the diagram so I'm confused on what storm to get (blind stop or overlap) and where to get the measurements from. Also what part of the window to attach them to. I'm thinking of measure the opening where the screen goes and they would get attached to the lip the screen rests against? I attached some pictures of my window so hopefully someone can chime in.

Also... Is the blind stop the piece the screen sits against? If so, it's only around 1/4 wide... Is that wide enough to attach a storm to?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 401
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 405
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 387
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 372

Marcus Meikle

Reaction score
The first thing about these storm windows, is it can be mounted externally or internally; can be made of glass, rigid plastic panels, or flexible plastic sheets; and may be permanently or temporarily mounted. They function similarly to insulate glazing. You can get various collections of storm proof windows. The best way to purchase storm proof windows is on line. You can have an amazing collection with their full service of installation, Service and Maintenance Programs, Design, Project Management at a reasonable price. Rather than taking various suggestion hirirng contractors can give a whole idea about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks