Users who are viewing this thread

Jbartho5

Reaction score
6C2903CD-8459-47B0-ACAB-23FA41B6D2D7.jpeg

18CBA95D-9ED0-4199-BC60-B5C9CB86EB49.jpeg

C263942F-C4FE-4710-8CB7-77A77CB49727.jpeg

93BA41EF-641E-4FB4-9D44-C5CA7C3A6F2C.jpeg

Upstate South Carolina

I wanted to ask opinions on this tie-in/wye set up. I am in the process of having an additon built on to the back of my house that has a full bathroom (shower, sink, toilet). The 3in drain pipe runs along the back of my house, turns the corner via two 45s and heads toward my current drain pipe as you can see it enter the photo from the left side where the orange plug is in for its current leak/pressure test. I wanted to ask about the amount of turns this set up takes as it connects into my current 4in drain pipe going from my house into my septic tank. Even though it has passed inspection, is this going to be a constant clogging problem? Also wanted to ask opinions on the use of steel banded couplers here vs using rigid PVC couplings?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

*As an aside, I will mention that at least the county inspector has already been by and said the current set up is good to go*

Last edited:

Jbartho5

Reaction score
Upstate South Carolina

I wanted to ask opinions on this tie-in/wye set up. I am in the process of having an additon built on to the back of my house that has a full bathroom (shower, sink, toilet). The 3in drain pipe runs along the back of my house, turns the corner via two 45s and heads toward my current drain pipe as you can see it enter the photo from the left side where the orange plug is in for its current leak/pressure test. I wanted to ask about the amount of turns this set up takes as it connects into my current 4 in drain pipe going from my house into my septic. Is this going to be a constant clogging issue even though it passed inspection? Also wanted to ask opinions on the use of Fernco couplers here vs using rigid PVC couplings?

Any information is greatly appreciated!

*As an aside, I will mention that at least the county inspector has already been by and said the current set up is good to go*

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks