High water pressure on just one toilet upstairs

Users who are viewing this thread

enochian

Reaction score
I have no clue why only one toilet upstairs has high water pressure.

Its spurts out like a pressure washer.

But anyway, is there a regulator or something for toilet stops?

Reach4

Reaction score
Its spurts out like a pressure washer.
Into the tank?

Are you saying that there is a lot of noise and turbulence while the tank fills, but other than that, things are good?

Slomoola

Reaction score
It's a small ID hose. Your pressure actually will increase into a smaller line. Just throttle down the toilet shutoff valve.

Better yet get a pressure gauge and test your house. Recently discovered 74PSI at mine. No wonder all the under-slab leaks I had.

Reach4

Reaction score
The flex line, when you have it disconnected from the toilet, sprays out like a pressure washer.
That sounds good to me. No cure needed. Why would that bother you? And how did you even learn that?

Or is really a complaint about the other toilet supply line(s)?

GReynolds929

Reaction score
It's a small ID hose. Your pressure actually will increase into a smaller line. Just throttle down the toilet shutoff valve.

Better yet get a pressure gauge and test your house. Recently discovered 74PSI at mine. No wonder all the under-slab leaks I had.
74 psi is not going to cause slab leaks.

Slomoola

Reaction score
74 psi is not going to cause slab leaks.
On 1977 year old copper and smelly chlorinated city water? Copper has a 50 year service life last I read. And 80PSI is the max any faucets and such are rated to handle.

So what did cause my 4 under slab leaks?

I have a pressure reg now anyway sitting at 50PSI. Great flow and no water hammering going on anymore.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Water composition and aggressiveness is the biggest reason for copper degradation. To low or high in mineral content. Chlorine/Chloramine levels. Water PH. Etc...taking a slab into consideration concrete will corrode copper, dirt and moisture will cause corrosion. Etc...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks