Help with toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

stardog

Reporter
Reaction score
I removed the old toilet this afternoon and will be replacing it with a new one tomorrow. However, the old toilet flange stayed attached to the bottom of the toilet and for the life of me I have no idea how the previous homeowner attached this toilet to the floor. What I am looking at right now is the 4" drain pipe and nothing else. See attached 2 photos.

This bathroom floor is ceramic tile over a concrete slab floor, so can anyone explain to me what I need to do to install a proper flange so I can install the new toilet tomorrow? Or even what kind of flange to buy considering my situation and how would I even attach the flange to the tile/concrete floor.

The toilet I replaced in the 2nd bath, with a similar floor, had a flange already in place to install the new toilet upon, but that was a few years ago and I have no recollection of how it was put in place. Thanks so much for anyone's prompt professional guidance.

Attachments

• 20170121_165729.jpg
    20170121_165729.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 20170121_165750.jpg
    20170121_165750.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 102

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That looks to me like a lead pipe. That has to be removed and replaced. Not a novice DIY job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks