Help with new shallow well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

UWBadger91

Reaction score
What did that mean?

You did not drop tablets, and you ran a hose to a ditch for 60 minutes?
I hooked my well pump back up to the point and tried to flush the acid water out and the pump had the same issues. Took 10 mins to fill up my pressure tank, then when I’d try to run water freely it would drop to 0-10PSI and I’d lose prime. I got maybe 10 gallons out. At this point I don’t know what to do anymore.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would have tried to agitate the treated water in the sand point to try to drive the acid solution back and forth through the screen.

In a 3 inch sandpoint, I think you could use a 2 inch pvc with a cap glued on the bottom. Then on the top, maybe have a glued tee with side pipes to make sure the pipe cannot fall into the 3 inch pipe. Push the assembly up and down like a plunger. Your water is 9 ft down, and a 10 ft pvc pipe would be just enough.

How long did you leave the tablet treatment in place? Did you use the whole container?

UWBadger91

Reaction score
I would have tried to agitate the treated water in the sand point to try to drive the acid solution back and forth through the screen.

In a 3 inch sandpoint, I think you could use a 2 inch pvc with a cap glued on the bottom. Then on the top, maybe have a glued tee with side pipes to make sure the pipe cannot fall into the 3 inch pipe. Push the assembly up and down like a plunger. Your water is 9 ft down, and a 10 ft pvc pipe would be just enough.

How long did you leave the tablet treatment in place? Did you use the whole container?

I left in for about 50 hours.

I basically got a ‘water blaster’ and sprayed a solid 10 gallons down. I put 6 containers down. Looks like it has similar ingredients to NuWell. I was going to go buy more tablets but at this point am not sure if it’s worth the $70 more.

Reach4

Reaction score
This is what we got. With it being a holiday weekend I couldn’t find NuWell. I found a guy who will sell it to me. He said $25 for a half gallon I believe. At this point I wasn’t sure if it’s worth throwing more $$ at my well.

https://www.utilitychemicals.com/ecommerce/products/renuwell-well-restorer-and-rejuvenator.html
Good deal. Even had the MSDS there.

I would consider Iron Out. Same chemical, but not tablets. Your water column is not so high, so that should work OK. The NuWell tablets can drop to the bottom of a 300 ft well I suspect, but crystals may drop enough. Chase with water, but slowly I think. 3 inch pipe is 0.3672 gal/ft. But I would trickle the chase water in. Maybe consider that agitation that the NuWell instructions suggest.

https://www.menards.com/main/grocer...mover-9-5-lb/io10n/p-1444444183163-c-7097.htm

UWBadger91

Reaction score
Good deal. Even had the MSDS there.

I would consider Iron Out. Same chemical, but not tablets. Your water column is not so high, so that should work OK. The NuWell tablets can drop to the bottom of a 300 ft well I suspect, but crystals may drop enough. Chase with water, but slowly I think. 3 inch pipe is 0.3672 gal/ft. But I would trickle the chase water in. Maybe consider that agitation that the NuWell instructions suggest.

https://www.menards.com/main/grocer...mover-9-5-lb/io10n/p-1444444183163-c-7097.htm
Do you feel that RenuWell is similar? Or do I try NuWell too?

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you feel that RenuWell is similar? Or do I try NuWell too?
I have used neither.

Is RENUWELL tablets or crystals? NuWell is tablets.

Me, I would probably try 9.5 pounds of Iron Out crystals-- cheaper than NuWell 100. Link in #27. I would agitate. How many pounds of RenuWell did you use?

UWBadger91

Reaction score
I had a plumber come out and my point is shot. I’m getting a new well drilled 70-80ft for $7,300 including a 1/2 HP submersible pump. Does that seem like a reasonable setup? We plan to build a new place in a few years so this should accommodate that as well.

Reach4

Reaction score
I had a plumber come out and my point is shot. I’m getting a new well drilled 70-80ft for $7,300 including a 1/2 HP submersible pump. Does that seem like a reasonable setup? We plan to build a new place in a few years so this should accommodate that as well.
Yes.

5 or 6 inch PVC well, fully cased. With good screen and fine gravel pack designed to filter out the local sand. Pitless adapter. Nice investment.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com

A new well is a good investment no matter the cost.

UWBadger91

Reaction score
I had a well drilled on Friday. They drilled 99 feet with a 6” pipe then installed a 1/2 hp submersible pump. Needless to say, we’ve never had this good of water quantity/quality up here for 40+ years. Now I’m regretting not doing it sooner. Thanks for all the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks