Having a generator inquiry

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
On one of the systems I setup, the generator was running really rough and as a result the UPS kept rejecting it which dumped the load, then the generator would smooth out and the UPS would accept it but immediately run rough and reject it again. I called the mechanic to change the spark plugs on it (the Briggs and Stratton engine ate plugs like crazy). The mechanic not wanting to believe me that it was the plugs started fiddling around with it and took it to wide open throttle. The UPS did not take kindly to that and got damaged. It did not take out any servers or networking equipment despite damage to the inverter but on my office outlets that were wired to the UPS, I could no longer use a battery charger powered by that UPS.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks