Have a F&W submersible pump seems to have stopped, replaced QB control box

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
To shut off with a 40/60 pressure switch, 60 PSI is the same as 138'. That pump dead heads at 208'. So if your water pulls down lower than 70', that pump will not build to 60 PSI and the pump will melt down. The safe water level for that pump using a 40/60 switch is less than 50'. If the water doesn't pull down to more than 50', you cannot beat the price of that pump.

Videorov

Reaction score
I don't use a pressure tank and just pump out of well direct to hose hooked to spigot.

Videorov

Reaction score
Found this pump also and my water is not down that deep. I have a 80ft pvc pipe down in a 175ft well but it hits watter way before 80ft.
Maybe around 25ft to 30ft it hits water. Its never run dry pumping with my last pump that is dead right now.
Maybe this pump would work ok and at a good price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Submersible...0V-33-GPM-207-ft-Max-long-life-/290825831348?

Getting to this garden well pump project and I have a 4 wire 220 with control box but going to go over to this 3wire 2wire plus ground.
I guess I will just use three wires of the 4 wires and do away with the control box and wire direct to wires going to breaker switch which
I use to turn on the pump in garage.

Reach4

Reaction score
Getting to this garden well pump project and I have a 4 wire 220 with control box but going to go over to this 3wire 2wire plus ground.
I guess I will just use three wires of the 4 wires and do away with the control box and wire direct to wires going to breaker switch which
I use to turn on the pump in garage.
You may want to put a 2-pole switch in a box where the control box was. It will probably be handier than going to the breaker panel.

Videorov

Reaction score
You may want to put a 2-pole switch in a box where the control box was. It will probably be handier than going to the breaker panel.
My breaker panel is only about 25ft from the well by the garage side door.
Got a higher water bill this month for the water on the drip system so need to get this thing install:) Been so hot her in Fla lately.
Getting some rain right now and cool things down.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks