Halogen to LED.. Halogen started smoking

Users who are viewing this thread

bmw123

Reaction score
Hello,

Converted our halogen Puck lights under the cabinets to new led ones and I am experiencing a few problems. There are a total of 12 pucks lights and yesterday I received 5 in the mail. On one switch there are between 3-5 lights. This is where it gets weird...I first changed out the three on the switch and they wouldnt turn on all together.. If there is 1 led puck and 2 of the original halogen installed on the circuit they all work.. 2 leds 1 halogen all work.. BUT I just noticed that when the 2 leds were on the single halogen started to smoke.. I am guessing that I am overloading the transformer..

We moved into this house 6 months ago after the previous owner renovated it so we have no idea where the 120v to 12v transformer is. I would change it IF I could find it. Is there anyway I could find the transformer behind the walls without ripping them apart?

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks