Furnace ECM blower!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Furnace blower runs all the time. Dissconnected thermostat wires, still runs. There's 2 wire harness that go to ecm, ones power the other is communication. With thermostat and communication harness disconnected the blower still runs. So I'm assuming there's a short in the ecm?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Furnace blower runs all the time. Dissconnected thermostat wires, still runs. There's 2 wire harness that go to ecm, ones power the other is communication. With thermostat and communication harness disconnected the blower still runs. So I'm assuming there's a short in the ecm?
Speed control for an ECM motor is usually 0-10v. I cannot find the number for 3.0 ECM motors. It is the back part of the motor is bad. At one time you could just replaced the part but no longer. It has the controls and AC to DC converter.

Fitter30

Reaction score
The control module back of motor could be bad. That module can be replaced. You will need brand model, serial and all the motor numbers. Need a service manual on the furnace and with the motor numbers might find the manual just on the motor. There are utube videos on these motors. Ecm motors are not cheap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks