Fleck 5600sxt programming help

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
He does not have a bridge, he has a mush problem.
He draws liquid out from 16 inches to 3 inches (reply #11). If it were completely a mush problem well above the intake on the check valve, wouldn't the symptom be that he could not suck the level down by 13 inches in 15 minutes? I am suspecting the mush is pretty much in the bottom few inches, and that the water above is stratified with very little salt.

Last edited:

mggray87

Reaction score
Ditto head you got me excited that u live near me. I guess my softener will be out of service for this week while I order a new retainer for the blfc button.

mggray87

Reaction score
Alright all done. With the 5 min fill. Water line is 19" from the top. With new water line. I noticed when it fills the pvc tune with brine line and float. Fills up a little faster than the rest of the bin with salt. I almost thought it was gonna shut off by hitting the float with like 15 seconds left. Why does that fill up like 2 to 3 inches higher than the water line. But 19" is the water line now with remaining salt.. sounds high for you saying it's only gonna be 3 gallons? I took a picture of the face of what it says now. U can even see the higher water line in tube in my picture. That was almost triggering the float. Just about.
20170324_015310.jpg
20170324_015214.jpg

Bannerman

Reaction score
As suggested earlier, disconnect the brine line at the top of the brine tank to measure the water discharged from the line in 1 timed minute when the controller is advanced to BF. With a 0.5 BLFC button installed, you should expect 1/2 gallon in 1 minute.

If your BF setting is 5 minutes, with a 0.5 gpm BLFC button, then the water volume should be only 2.5 gallons in the brine tank.

When filling the brine tank, water enters the brine well (PCV tube) where it then flows down to the bottom of the tank and rises up through the salt. The salt will often provide some flow restriction and so the level in the brine well maybe slightly higher initially until after the incoming flow stops and the water level equalizes. As your incoming flow should only be 0.5 gpm, I would not expect there would be 2-3" difference when water is entering.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Why does that fill up like 2 to 3 inches higher than the water line.
I expect the slots on the bottom of the brine well are smaller than on some, so the water level in the bulk of the brine tank would lag more.

Slotted-Brine-Well.JPG

mggray87

Reaction score
As suggested earlier, disconnect the brine line at the top of the brine tank to measure the water discharged from the line in 1 timed minute when the controller is advanced to BF. With a 0.5 BLFC button installed, you should expect 1/2 gallon in 1 minute.

If your BF setting is 5 minutes, with a 0.5 gpm BLFC button, then the water volume should be only 2.5 gallons in the brine tank.

When filling the brine tank, water enters the brine well (PCV tube) where it then flows down to the bottom of the tank and rises up through the salt. The salt will often provide some flow restriction and so the level in the brine well maybe slightly higher initially until after the incoming flow stops and the water level equalizes. As your incoming flow should only be 0.5 gpm, I would not expect there would be 2-3" difference when water is entering.

I did that and when I timed.it on my phone it was close to half bucket. But the timer on softener is delayed. Tube starts pushing out water early when it's not ticking down. I finished my phone 5 min and the 5600 had like a 1:20 left

Bannerman

Reaction score
If filling 1/2 the bucket in 1 minute, how large is the bucket?

Not sure I understand your other comments. It seems you are saying that the brine fill water starts flowing before the controller initiates the BF cycle. It also appears that although BF is programmed for 5 minutes, the controller continues to flow water to the brine tank a further 1:20 after the 5 minutes has timed out. Please clarify.

mggray87

Reaction score
sorry it is programed for 6 min.. but it starts filling for a few seconds before the softener starts counting down the 6 min... but i poured the entire cycle into my beer making equipment. its exactly 3.5gallons in the 6 min it filled.
so basically .5 gallon to much if 3g in 6 min is what it suppose to have,.

Bannerman

Reaction score
I'm also going to check my brine button it says .5gpm but I was gonna take it out and make sure it's right and inserted right with letters facing me since it filled 16" in 7 out of 15 min.
It appears the BLFC button maybe installed in the wrong direction as the numbers should be facing the valve. The button functions directionally so as to not restrict the brine draw rate, only restricting the brine fill rate. If installed backwards, the button will not work as intended.

See post #12 on this page: https://terrylove.com/forums/index....sxt-overfilling-brine-tank.60171/#post-446701

mggray87

Reaction score
Bannerman
It appears the BLFC button maybe installed in the wrong direction as the numbers should be facing the valve. The button functions directionally so as to not restrict the brine draw rate, only restricting the brine fill rate. If installed backwards, the button will not work as intended.

See post #12 on this page: https://terrylove.com/forums/index....sxt-overfilling-brine-tank.60171/#post-446701

I took it apart. The lettering is facing the retainer and goes into the softener head. Lettering isn't facing out towards brine tube

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks