First Post: Grohe Gloucester Cartridge Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Shinbanger

Reaction score
We are attempting to do simple cartridge replacements on several Grohe Gloucester spread bath faucets (circa 2006, picture attached), which are mounted on a granite counter-top. I have spoken with Grohe customer service reps who have confirmed that the escutcheons should be removed by rotating them counter-clockwise, after shutting off the water supply to the faucet. I'm certain the handles have to be removed first, but there doesn't seem to be any way to take them off. No visible end caps or set screws to contend with. Is there something we are missing? I don't have the schematic for the faucet and Grohe's website isn't any help at all. I don't want to apply greater rotational force to these decorative faucet parts until I understand exactly how it is supposed to work. Any Grohe savants out there? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

• Grohe Gloucester spread bath faucet.jpg
    Grohe Gloucester spread bath faucet.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 408

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is there any chance that the faucet Isn't a Grohe? The base of the spout looks like another brand.. but I can't quite recall exactly which.

However, without any visible set screw or cap / cover.. It would seem likely that the handle and escutcheon would be one assembly.

Plumbs

In the Trades
Reaction score
The handle is part of the escutcheon. When you unthread it the whole thing will lift straight up. The screw to remove the handle is usually on the inside of those.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks