First Issue Arrived In Mailbox

Users who are viewing this thread

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
First: I am not paid by anyone to endorse this publication.

In my quest to learn more about how this getting water from the ground voodoo works, I joined NGWA.
I was completely honest in my application and said I was not a well professional, I was just trying to learn as much as I could on my own. That was good enough for them, they mailed my first issue of

WWJ.jpg

The more I read, the more mysteries are solved about the hole in the ground from which I get water.

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
What is the cost?

There wasn't a cost, at least for me. When joining NGWA which publishes this, on the questionnaire I stated that I did not have a company but I was someone self-teaching the trade and seeking as much professional input as possible. I also said that I hoped to obtain the NGWA certification of Certified Pump Installer. That's a far reach for me since my whole career has been in telecom. To get the CPI cert one must pass the water systems exam and another specialized exam. This stuff is fascinating. I used to think that my well was just a hole that got dug down into the earth and holy crap look there's water. Now I am finding out there is way more to it.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The WWJ has been the pump man's bible for many decades. Before the Internet it was the only way to get information or get out information about new products. However, they make their money selling advertisements. Over the years many of their stories reflect the wishes of their biggest advertisers. There is a lot of good information in the WWJ. You just have to weed through all the hype from the biggest advertisers. Check the source of the articles. If they were written by or with help from anyone at Franklin, Goulds, Pentair, Yaskawa, or other manufacturers, they are more of a paid advertisement than a beneficial article.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks