Exterior water spigot pipe supply busted

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikejc

Reaction score
Hi all,

We had a freeze back in December that caused the pipe to burst at the location indicated in the pics. I really don't want to run the pipes along that wall anymore as it isn't heated from the house so I was thinking about moving it to the location shown in the pictures. Is this the smart way to go about this? The blue line indicates where it is currently run and the red indicates where I would like to run it.

Thanks!

outside running of lines 2.jpg
outside running of lines.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
It would be fine if it weren't right above an electrical disconnect. I don't think that's a good place to have a water outlet. Basically a spigot dumping water on a love electrical junction. If you gonna come down that wall you'd want to be beside those. And the circut those are connected to in the box would need a gfci breaker installed.

Mikejc

Reaction score
Here is a more close up of that spot. Also what if I move the spot to the other wall. Here is the picture:

line on the inside.jpg

Thanks

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here is a more close up of that spot. Also what if I move the spot to the other wall. Here is the picture:

View attachment 92953
Thanks
Ok well from this view there is no disconnect there so yes you could run it anywhere in that area.

Here in our area any outdoor condensing unit would have a disconnect there so I assumed that was a pair of disconnects. Being that they aren't in fact disconnects then you would be fine with your first location. Although I would check with your local inspection department to be sure.

Eman85

Reaction score
Why not go around the corner to the grass side of the wall? I guess those are the disconnects for the compressor units on that wall.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks cool well for 149 bucks it oughta look good. I wouldnt want to have to disconect the thing every time I turn water off, looks like it just turns on or you turn off and remove . if it could be left in then it would be unsightly sorry thumbs down

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks cool well for 149 bucks it oughta look good. I wouldnt want to have to disconect the thing every time I turn water off, looks like it just turns on or you turn off and remove . if it could be left in then it would be unsightly sorry thumbs down
I have one. The disconnect is a quarter turn, but they also have a ball valve adapter if one doesn't want to disconnect.

I actually haven't installed mine but I do think they are nice. I just haven't got around to changing it out yet. I can't say for sure how well they hold up, but they are "modular" so they can be serviced. Stainless steel is pretty nice for a hose bib.

Mikejc

Reaction score
Yeah, they aren't cheap but it states that it is freeze protection and easy to install. I would also like to use PEX with it just to make it easier to install and because PEX can handle freezing so much better.

I honestly don't even have a big yard. It is actually just fake grass. I do have some plants that I can use to connect it with.

But they look easy to install and also look clean. I never really liked the look of spigots.

Reach4

Reaction score
Compared to some other money people spend, that purchase seems reasonable to preserve your narrow space.

As with almost all frost-free spigots, remember to remove the hose before freezing weather.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks