Ever hear of Technopure

Users who are viewing this thread

sudava

Reaction score
I have spoken and written to several pool technicians and all of them confirm that this system would not have worked without some chlorine to sanitize the pool. I live in Florida and it just gets too hot in the summer without strong sanitation. Of course, the owner of TechnoPure, Mr. Chris Capozzoli, was quite aware of this fact. Also, I purchased the fully automated pool system, which included monitoring the pool, to make sure the pool would not turn. I had to have a second phone line installed and the system was set up to call to the office of TechnoPure to make them aware of problems. Well, the automated system called the office twice a day for months, I have my phone bills as proof. Nobody from TechnoPure ever contacted me or my pool service man, despite me providing them with contact numbers. So much for support. Anyhow, I was totally new to having a pool when I purchased this home and I was quite naive and trusting to the word and promises of Mr. Chris Capozzoli, the owner of TechnoPure.
To the whole house water purification system:
The system was supposed to soften the water and remove 100% of any chemical residues in my water, as claimed on the TechnoPure website and promised verbally to me.
I have a written statement from a certified water technician, stating that my water was not of purified water. Purified water will have a TDS (total dissolved solids) reading of 0 to 50 ppm(parts per million). The TDS reading in my water was over 300 TDS.
There was no reverse osmosis technology being used to purify my water.
The main filter media being used in my system was carbon. It had 2 cubes of carbon which did remove the chlorine in my water. However it did not remove any of the other chemicals ( VOC - volatile organic chemicals) in my water, as claimed by TechnoPure.
The standard hardness water test showed a reading of 10 GPG (grains per gallon), which is considered very hard water.
I hope this information helps a bit.

You mentioned complaining to the AG and FTC, can you specify what these abbreviations mean? I am living here in Florida with my young son, all my family is in Europe. I can use all the help I can get. Thank you.

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
AG = Attourney General of your state. You have apparently already spoken with them. Did you make a formal report after nothing was accomplished that responded properly to your problem.

FTC = Federal Trade Commission. They are responsible for false advertising and faulty products. http://www.govspot.com/complaint/

Just as an aside, you mentioned that you had gone through an arbitration. Be sure you did not relinquish rights for recovery in that process.

If you have not done so already, I would have the pool water evaluated by a person skilled in actually evaluating the contents of the water. This would involve lab tests rather than simple field evaluation. If you still have water available for test. A case in point, Technopure appears to say they do not remove Calcium, just change the form to a soluble one. This is what water softeners do with Sodium (from the salt). So testing and finding it hard will depend on how the test is performed. They do seem to state they will precipitate TDS materials, the filters should get rid of bigger chunks, and they certainly say they will eliminate algae and bacteria.

As I recollect that CO2 tank is key to proper operation but I am not sure - it has been a while since I looked at this. After this thread, and online research, I had no interest in pursuing the product.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Personally, I think these products are a great idea as they do a fine job of liberating the sucker from his cash. :D

billy Mays would be proud

sudava

Reaction score
Thank you for your concern and clarification. I have not contacted the FTC yet, but that is another step I can take. It is shame that I have been left in this situation, I was more than willing to work with TechnoPure to get this problem resolved. After over one year I still do not have a working system, I am out of $4995.00 for the initial cost of the system and my young son cannot use the pool as he wishes. He is very sensitive to chlorine and chemicals.
I can only leave my experience with TechnoPure for everyone as a reference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks