Evaporative/Swamp cooler question

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Aww geez...when it rains it pours.
NOW I have a cooler issue.

My roof mounted Swamp cooler was just serviced which I do every spring.
The pump was fried-no big deal. Common. They all fail after a few years it seems-15 bucks.

My question is this:
My run off hose drains directly off the roof and onto the ground. Now it will not stop *dripping for 24 hours now*. Dripping is not unusual as that is it's purpose. But constantly for 24 hours..?? I don't recall that from previous years.

I do know that it can take a couple days before the new pads are *completely* saturated.
I also know he installed a heavy duty residential pump...which may have been a little more powerful than the previous fried unit.
I also had a new "spider" (drips water onto pads) installed.

The good news is that none of this affects performance and it's working fantastic. I just dont want to waste all this water...and it's saturating the ground.

thanks..

Mike50

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks