Drop Ear 90 Clearance

Users who are viewing this thread

subscap

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding my shower and ran into an issue that I'm not quite sure how to solve. After pulling the old shower out, we discovered the whole house needed to be repiped. Yay home ownership?... We had the repipe done by a local company, and now with that done, I've resumed plans to rebuild the shower.

Only... I've discovered the newly installed drop ear 90 sits proud of the furring strips and I'm not sure of a good way to resolve that? Could it be that the previous install purposely knocked out the hole in the block, foamed in behind it, and left the drop ear loose in order to get the needed clearance? The old drop ear/shower arm was just flopping around, not really secured down at all...

BEFORE
iGdpIok.jpg

AFTER
9HurMu1.jpg

FZoooNn.jpg

img

Reach4

Reaction score
You can clear that with your finished wall. Then choose a bell escutcheon big enough to cover the hardware.

If the pex itself does not clear, you can build up the furring strips, or use a drop ear elbow that puts the pex closer to the wall.
bpf8001-01.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks