drill your own well???

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drill

I do not see anything about being able to put a casing in the hole, and I am not sure how long it would take to drill a 5" hole 200', (plus the effort to pull the drill after it was dug).

Speedbump

Reaction score
Those things are a joke. Unless you just want to auger a 25 foot hole in sand and clay (no rock or hardpan) your wasting your money. I suppose because of it's ease of setting up, you could install fence posts with it.

Seriously, these little rigs aren't much better than putting an auger on the end of an electric drill.

bob...

R

Rancher

I'm guessing that most wells would require the VTX 800H, at 44 HP, there's no price listed but would guess 10-15 K, and of course that didn't include the well casing. So unless you're going to put in several wells on your property, i.e. you own several sectors, you could never get it to pay for it self.

$20/ft, 200' well is $4K, that's hard to beat.

Rancher

Raucina

Reaction score
$12 a foot here and an honest operator! $1000 minimum though.

vleespet

Reaction score
600ft

Humm.

$5500 for a 600 foot well with goulds 1 HP pump,casing and pressure tank does not sound bad then.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks