Drake CST776 not cleaning below water line

Users who are viewing this thread

michaelf

Reaction score
I have a Drake CST776 with S550e (specifically MW7763056CEGA#01) that Love Plumbing installed for me a few months ago in my master bathroom. I’ve been quite happy with the the washlet, such that I’m considering getting another one for my powder room. However my one complaint is that the flush doesn’t always fully clean the bowl below the water line. It’s not a huge deal and the next flush cleans it out, but it’s not really what I want for the public facing part of my house.

Is there a different toilet model I should be considering? Stepping up to the 1.6gpf flush from the 1.28gpf? If that’s the solution, I can do it, but I would prefer something more water saving. I had in fact originally wanted a dual mode flush and was looking at the CST746, but it didn’t seem particularly liked on this forum and I compromised by getting the lower flush rating. I do like the aesthetics of the Drake and am inclined to stay with Toto for the washlet+ hidden connections.

Reach4

Reaction score
Are you talking about skidmarks or loose stuff? If skidmarks, whatever toilet you get will still need you to use a toilet brush on occasion.

michaelf

Reaction score
Are you talking about skidmarks or loose stuff? If skidmarks, whatever toilet you get will still need you to use a toilet brush on occasion.
Skidmarks. But they don't need a brush, a second flush clears them out. And it's pretty routine.

I do occasionally need a toilet brush, but as you say, that's expected.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
It might be hard to buy a 1.6gpf toilet in Washington at this point.. We had a few when we were accidentally shipped a pallet of them last year and they sold out.

I've been happy with our drakes. We have one of the 1.6 in the mens room of our office and I have the much maligned dual flush in the basement bathroom.

michaelf

Reaction score
Interesting, I hadn't realized Washington now requires 1.28gpf. They're certainly available to buy online, is it just that I won't be able to get a licensed plumber to install it?

Reach4

Reaction score
You may be able to adjust your flush tower. Also, you can hold the lever down for a few seconds and get more.

One check is if the bowl is being refilled between flushes. Note the water height. Slowly add an extra quart of water. The water will drop to the weir height within 5 minutes. Then check the water height. If it is then higher than your first observation, increase the refill amount.

michaelf

Reaction score
You may be able to adjust your flush tower. Also, you can hold the lever down for a few seconds and get more.

One check is if the bowl is being refilled between flushes. Note the water height. Slowly add an extra quart of water. The water will drop to the weir height within 5 minutes. Then check the water height. If it is then higher than your first observation, increase the refill amount.
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I mostly use the auto flush, so don't get to hold the lever down longer.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Interesting, I hadn't realized Washington now requires 1.28gpf. They're certainly available to buy online, is it just that I won't be able to get a licensed plumber to install it?
reputable online sellers shouldn't ship 1.6gpf toilets to washington. But sometimes things slip through the cracks. I know when we enter our zip code into sites like Build they will indicate that certain products can't be shipped to a couple handfulls of states.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks