Drain pipe material in crawl space (Florida)

Users who are viewing this thread

joer33304

Reaction score
Florida building code shows the allowed pipe materials for outside, underground and in building. I do a new container house and it has a crawlspace (higher then the requirements). Can I use the "building" pipes (green ASTM D 3034) which are cheaper and change to the underground just before it leaves the building ?

Second question, general section of the code says :
Water, soil and waste pipes shall not be installed outside of a building, in attics or crawl spaces, concealed in outside walls, or in any other place subjected to freezing temperatures unless adequate provision is made to protect such pipes from freezing by insulation or heat or both.

Is that an issue in Tampa/Florida ? I did not see anybody insulate but looking at the freeze line map it looks that 0 starts right south of Tampa.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
All drain lines in Florida are PVC. It's cheap. The wording is off but I assuming you're getting a manufactured home? Who will be pulling the permits?

The last time Florida had freezing temperatures was two months after I moved to West Palm Beach Florida in Oct 1989. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, it did get to 27 degrees overnight. Even JAX had a tad of snow and ice on the bridges. The ground never freezes all along the entire Gulf Coast

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks