Drain Field Rejuvination

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt A

Reaction score
So my septic tank at my house backed up over the weekend..... undoubtedly from our Thanksgiving housefull. I was able to locate it easily so I dug it up myself and it was slap full ...I was able to locate the distribution box as well,,,,I dug it up, it too was collapsed, slap full of roots, sludge and water. I had a company come Pump It Out and the guy told me that I could probably "rejuvenate my drain field" so I made a homemade sewer jetter tip and with my household pressure washer and I was actually able to clear one of the five drain field lines and it is actually draining well. I have a legitimate sewer jetter tip ordered which will be here on Wednesday but my question is will my 2200 psi pressure washer be enough to blow through roots and Biomat or will I need a heavier-duty pressure washer? My homemade sewer Jetter tip was just not enough pressure ...I think i drilled the holes too large using a 1/16 drill bit.... also any tips would greatly be appreciated. The house was built in 82 the septic tank is in excellent condition and holding water and I believe it to be the original drain field with 4 inch corregated lines and Rock.... but like I said heavily root-bound, Biomat and sludge. Any tips or Insight would be greatly appreciated if I can salvage this drain field.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Did you order the style of jetting tip with the spinning collar? The PSI is only one consideration, the other being the GPM the pump can produce and the tip can pass. Length and size of hose is another factor. I'm guessing that a 2200 PSI PW is not going to be up to the task.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks