Delta Single Handel Shower Faucet. 3 o'clock = warm, 1 o'clock = off, 11 o'clock super hot, 9 o'clock warm, Correct range of motion, wrong settings

Users who are viewing this thread

CaliSkier

Reaction score
Pictured below I have that shower faucet. I am not sure if it just wore out or if it was turned too hard or what, but what I do know is it used to work normal.

Normal was: Off at 3 o'clock, turning counter clockwise it would go from cold to warmer, warmer, hot, hottest at 9 o'clock where the range of motion stops.
Today it is: 3 o'clock = warm, 1 o'clock = off, 11 o'clock super hot, 9 o'clock warm

Does this require a replacement? if so where can i find the model number?
Does this just need an adjustment? if so how is that performed?

Thanks in advance for any help!

IMG_0058 (1).jpg
IMG_6798.jpeg

Last edited:

CaliSkier

Reaction score
I was ablet to fix it, it was the the valve cartridge needed to be replaced, it works now.
BTW to get the bonnet nut off I had to use a hack saw th make a grove in it, using a flathead I hit it with a hammer to untwist it. Using a pipe wrinch would have broken the pipes in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks