Dead or alive?

Users who are viewing this thread

bcbrock

Reaction score
With the cooler weather beginning to set in, we turned on our boiler heating system. I noticed some water on the basement floor. It took a little effort to find where it was coming from, but it looks like it’s coming through the back of the heating unit. I posted the following video on YouTube - does this look like something that might be salvaged/repaired, or is this a dead boiler???

Fitter30

Reaction score
Yes needs to be replaced. Probably cause by oxygen pitting from lots of water make up over the years and or lack of boiler treatment. Recommend a Spiro vent for air elimination and Rectoseal 8 way boiler treatment 1 qt with new boiler.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have the time and skill you can replace just the leaking section. There are many pitfalls to this and if your not a pro it'll be tough with a lot of research needed, but it's possible.

Your likley better off buying a new condensing boiler.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks