Culligan Super S Won't Pull Bleach

Users who are viewing this thread

UngluedChalice

Reaction score
My Culligan Super S water conditioner won't pull bleach.

Here are some photos:

Front of unit

Back right side

Back left side

Above

Here is a thread with a similar problem. However, I don't know exactly where this injector assembly they reference is on my unit. I took off the silver plate thing on the top (and got a face full of water, whoops.)

Here is what is looks like under the silver plate. Is this the injector assembly? Am I supposed to pull it out? If so, how do I do that without breaking it?
Here is where the end of the hose that goes into the bleach connects to the main unit.

I sent it through the recharge cycle and this is what happened. I've haven't been in this house long enough to really know what it is supposed to do when.

1. Started the recharge cycle and it dumped the entire tank.
  2. Then, a small stream of water was coming out of the bleach intake line. Didn't seem like there was much pressure behind it. I plugged it with my finger, and after keeping it plugged for a little bit, water started coming out of the main dumping hose. Released my finger, water stopped coming out of the main dumping hose and resumed coming out of the intake line.
  3. Then another discharge cycle.
  4. There was never any suction on the intake line that I could feel with my finger.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
http://cassidywater.com/service/Mk89_812_Fr1984.pdf is a service manual for a softener that uses a similar controller. It may or may not be useful.

Note they use the word eductor rather than injector. See page 13 among others. Also see the eductor screen, items 18 ... 30 on page 14.

When you install/reinstall O-rings, you want to lightly lubricate them with silicone grease. You can use silicone plumbers grease. I use Molykote 111. I wear nitrile gloves to grease the rings/seals.

Last edited:

UngluedChalice

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I finally got around to getting down in the crawlspace today. The service manual you posted gave me the confidence to pull out the eductor valve thing (it didn't come out very easily). I pulled it out and it was clogged. After cleaning it and lubricating the O-rings, I re-installed it and had it go through a recharge cycle and it drew the bleach! Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks