Could I have someone take a look at my isometric drawing for possible bathroom addition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hd80cm

Reaction score
Hi all,
We are planning on adding a bathroom to our third floor. The county requires an isometric drawing as part of the permit approval process. We are in Kentucky for code purposes.

The joists on my home run north to south, so the drain lines will run in between the joist to the south wall and drop into the second floor bathroom so I don't have to drill through any joists. I will build a ceiling soffit to hide the east to west drain line and hide the main 3" line behind a linen closet in the southwest corner of the bathroom. It will drop into the 1st floor coat closet where the plumbing for the 2nd floor bathroom is hidden and the two will be joined in the basement.

Are the fittings correct? I'm obviously not a plumber, so feel free to roast me.

The orange and yellow highlighters are hard to tell apart. sorry about that.

(Link to Kentucky Plumbing Code)

Edit - I just realized the fittings for the toilet won't work.

Updated link below.

Link to drawing Put a 3x3x2 wye under the 3x3x3 santee and 45 the 2inch drain to it?

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are the fittings correct?
The isometric is a little hard to follow due to the lines that cross on the page but not in space. Showing a gap in the rear line at the crossing would improve clarity on that.

But if you want to dry vent every fixture, then your selection of fittings all look fine to me, as does the venting and overall connectivity.

Cheers, Wayne

Hd80cm

Reaction score
The isometric is a little hard to follow due to the lines that cross on the page but not in space. Showing a gap in the rear line at the crossing would improve clarity on that.
Thanks for the feedback. I will use a break in the rear line and maybe use a different color highlighter.

But if you want to dry vent every fixture, then your selection of fittings all look fine to me, as does the venting and overall connectivity.

Cheers, Wayne
Great. I believe wet venting is not permitted in Kentucky, so that’s why I vented each fixture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks