Cost for PEX reroute in OKC

Users who are viewing this thread

Slomoola

Reaction score
Just curious what you all have paid or charge for a leaking pipe reroute? Not a total repipe.

Here in OKC, I've paid for 4 reroutes at $2500.00 each. No matter the length or how many fittings. They start at $2500 bucks.

Have old 1977 copper pipes. Gave good service I guess under slab no less.

Last edited:

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Have old 1977 copper pipes. Gave good service I guess under slab no less.

Not sure we can talk prices here (?) but maybe it's allowed..

By reroute do you mean an under-slab pipes leaked and the plumbing company abandoned them and ran new above slab lines?

John

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think there is any rule about discussing costs. Its just pointless

1- cost comparisons between localities are not relevant. Even what one company charges in the same area are vastly different depending on their structure.
2- exact scope of work would have to be established in order to even come close. Repiping is a broad term.
3- I don't price any project without eyes on it.

Slomoola

Reaction score
Not sure we can talk prices here (?) but maybe it's allowed..

By reroute do you mean an under-slab pipes leaked and the plumbing company abandoned them and ran new above slab lines?

John
Just like that. A reroute through the attic to said area lacking water. Abandoning the in-slab copper run and rerouting through the attic. I should of paid for a total repipe. Trying to be cheap and now 4 under slabs leaks later.

Two different plumbers charged the same 2500 bucks. Seems like a flat rate in my area.

Slomoola

Reaction score
I don't think there is any rule about discussing costs. Its just pointless
Maybe to you. I would like to hear about what a reroute would cost someone else in another area.

My plumbers spent maybe 5% on parts and the rest labor of that $2500 bucks. They buy at wholesale and used plastic and brass fittings which are cheap. So $2500 for a couple hours work is nice for them. Wife even fed them lunch and all the coffee they could drink. In the end, got to have water.......

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Maybe to you. I would like to hear about what a reroute would cost someone else in another area.

My plumbers spent maybe 5% on parts and the rest labor of that $2500 bucks. They buy at wholesale and used plastic and brass fittings which are cheap. So $2500 for a couple hours work is nice for them. Wife even fed them lunch and all the coffee they could drink. In the end, got to have water.......
If you're going to complain about price and claim to know what costs and overhead it takes to run a plumbing business while not being a licensed plumber then go somewhere else. Running a business and becoming a plumber ain't cheap.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Just like that. A reroute through the attic to said area lacking water. Abandoning the in-slab copper run and rerouting through the attic. I should of paid for a total repipe. Trying to be cheap and now 4 under slabs leaks later.

As far as cost, the material wouldn't be a large percentage unless you're talking replacing a boiler. Repipe/reroute is mostly overhead of labor and general business costs. I'm not a professional plumber but I've run several businesses in my lifetime and you'd be surprised at the nut that's due every first of the month.

Getting to your specific question, we would have to know how many man hours were involved to even guess plus any incidentals like sheetrock repair if needed.

John

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
wall patch costs money, time to get a plan figure out where the pipes are under the slab etc. If it sounds like too much you can get some handy man or whatever to do the work , no licsence , or insurance, maybe an illegal alien you can save a lot of money maybe you know a plumber that works on the side ? but it can backfire. you want a nice caddilac or a junker tranportation car? of cource you can pay triple and get a hack as well so If you tell me "all the plumbers charge 2500" Only thing I can say is thats either a coincedence or market rates based on the caliber of companies you are calling

Slomoola

Reaction score
Getting to your specific question, we would have to know how many man hours were involved to even guess plus any incidentals like sheetrock repair if needed.
Both plumbers didn't repair any sheetrock. Not their bag I guess. Seemed to me it was a flat rate reroute charge.

Slomoola

Reaction score
If you're going to complain about price and claim to know what costs and overhead it takes to run a plumbing business while not being a licensed plumber then go somewhere else. Running a business and becoming a plumber ain't cheap.
Not complaining about price. Was curious what a reroute costs in another state for example. I have no clue what it costs to be a plumber. Truck and tools I get it. Maybe a shop and business address or work from home??

At my house, one plumber did a reroute in say 3-4 hours. Guy could do 2 reroutes in one day I would think alone. That's $5,000 per day for one guy. I'm in the wrong biz LOL. He didn't put any sheetrock back. PEX B and say 50/50 mix of brass and plastic fittings. Might of had $200-$300 in parts and pipe at my house (my cost). Rest was profit. Again curious what you guys pay for reroutes? Both were licensed and bonded plumbers I've used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks