Copper with Spout

Users who are viewing this thread

NCNovice

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a question regarding plumbing.

My husband was trying to install a shower tub spout tonight and sadly he seems to have twisted off the copper pipe connecting the tub spout to the main water pipes that run up and down during this process.
smack.gif
I'm sure there is better plumbing jargon to explain this; however, I am not a professional.

So, a couple of questions:

1. I realize I need a plumber.

2. We have a complete shower/tub in our bathroom, meaning it is not in pieces or can be removed in pieces to get behind the drywall. Is it possible for a plumber to repair this through the existing hole where the spout is? Or if it is necessary, can it be repaired behind the wall on the other side which is a closet area. I really don't want to mess up my shower/tub and pay for a complete shower replacement.

3. Am I looking at a massive repair bill? I need to prepare myself in advance.

Thank you for any and all assistance

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Going in through the closet will be the deal.

You will want the shelves removed already, and maybe you will open the wall. Maybe the plumber will open the wall. Probably you or somebody else will close the wall in the closet wall. Consider a panel in the closet to make access easier in the future.

You have some software on your compute putting a couple of stupid links in your post.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks