Comprehensive toilet requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

davidq

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Toto since first learning of it as an ultra reliable low flow toilet. Then when I used a Caravelle at a retailer in Austin, Texas, I was charmed by the rounded Euro styling, and the effective flush.

We're building a new house and will have three toilets. Hers and His (plus a urinal) toilet stalls in master bathroom, and a guest bathroom.

I'm overwhelmed by the possibilities and the wealth of information on this site. A clear favorite seems to be the Toto Drake. I don't care for its style (but that's low priority),
My priorities, from highest to lowest:

Reliable flush. Despite a healthy, high fiber diet I routinely stop up a wide variety of toilets.

Low flow. We are on a rain water system.

ADA height, elongated bowl.

Close-coupled. Only of concern for guest bathroom, where we want to maximize space.

Clean bowl.

Stylish. I love the looks of the Caroma Caravelle 270.

Price: $500 range.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The typical siphon jet flush that the other Toto toilets use, do not splash.
Those are the ones being recommended.

The Caravelle round front bowl is 28-1/4" long
The round front Drake is 26-1/2" long

I sell a lot of the Toto Aquia toilets, much shorter then the Caravelle, nice style, doesn't splash like the Caravelle, sells for less money and is better quality then the Caravelle,
Both are dual flush toilets that get the Watersense sticker.

The Caravelle does work as a 10" or 12" rough though.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks