Cleaning Line from House to Street

Users who are viewing this thread

Morpheus1967

Reaction score
Hello all. Introductory post here. I am in the midst of a point of sale inspection to sell my house. One of the things I need to provide is a video of the inside of the sewer pipe from my house to the street. I had a plumber in today to do this.

Because the only two toilets in my house are back to back, the plumber needed to go th the roof, and feed the camera through the vent pipe there, and was able to get the video I needed. He told me the pipe was full of roots, but I literally have no idea what I am looking at. He told me in order to get rid of the roots, I need to install a sewer line cleanout, the hydor jet the entire thing. The cost he gave me was $2000.

My question is this. He said he "didn't think" anyone would do the cleanout from the roof vent. He basically only gave me the option of getting the clean out installed. I wish I knew what I was looking at in the video, but I just don't. The file is rather large, so I don't think I would be able too upload it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Matt

Edited to add:
I have never experienced any sort of slow draining at all. I would have never known there was an issue until this guy told me there were roots.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks