Can this Toto set be purchased in the USA?

Users who are viewing this thread

chicklet

Reaction score

I would like to install a floor mount (tank in the wall) toilet and matching bidet. I would install the wall hung Toto but have not read many positive reviews. This is a Toto set that I believe is only sold in Europe because I can't find it here. Model cw163y. Any suggestions? Also how good are the toilets with the tank in the wall? Any problems? Any info is appreciated.

chicklet

Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. I really don't want a Neorest. I am looking for a separate toilet (with the tank in the wall) and bidet. Do any manufacturers make anything like this? And why doesn't Toto make this set for the American market? I'm sure at least the toilet would sell.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Their wall-hung toilets look similar, and some much prefer them, as it's easier to clean underneath. Except for the flushometer versions, they utilize a tank in the wall.

Have you tried calling them? My guess is they may not want to ship one, as they're heavy and fragile. That's one reason why they make most of the toilets in the USA for USA distribution (big plant in Georgia). There are exceptions, but then, they're shipping containers of them, not one-offs.

chicklet

Reaction score
Thanks again for your response. I would love to put in some wall-hung toilets but from reading this forum it seems there are issues with them - streak marks, flush maybe not as strong? If I go with a wall hung toilet it would have to be a Toto but they don't have a wall hung bidet available in the USA. Nothing is easy!! Any suggestions?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
In Europe, they are used to the "in wall cistern" concept more than here.

Whether it's a wall-hung or floor-mount bowl, the in-wall tank is going to produce a single washdown flush, which will have basically the same properties regardless of whether the bowl sits on the floor. So your floor-sitter won't be any better at the things you are concerned about than a wall-mount.

The wall-mounts work great. We have five of them at our beach house and our club has a bunch as well which are used in public restrooms (which tells you all you need to know about how well they perform). We have some Duravit bowls and some Toto at the beach house; the club is all Toto bowls. (Each fits on the Toto tank or the Geberit tank; i.e. both bowls work interchangeably on either major tank manufacturer.) We are replacing the Duravit bowls with Totos, because they work better. Specifically, we and the club have the wall-mount Toto Aquia bowls and think they are the best.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks