Building under counter filter system and confused about interface to house water

Users who are viewing this thread

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
I am putting together a drinking water filter. It will feed a household 1/2" Copper pipe that is available in a number of places. I think I have it figured out, but the interface between the filter parts and the house water system has me a bit confused. Too many thread types.

Input is from a shutoff valve from 1/2" Copper house cold water. Output is to a 1/2" Copper pipe that distributes the filtered water. I am using John Guest components.My problem is understanding the parts interfacing between the filter system and the in and out links to the in-house piping. I have tried to understand the various pipe thread interface specifications; but I will admit to confused.

Input to the filter system is a SS flex tube from a shutoff valve on the source. This is the regular common faucet flex one buys at the hardware store. Output is essentially the same thing.

Here is what I think will work.

Input - a JG PP3208U7W to go from a 1/4" FIP compression fitting flex tube to 1/4" plastic tubing
Output - a JG PP3212U7W to go from 3/8" tubing to 1/4" FIP compression fitting.

I also have a no name water faucet that appears to need an adapter to connect to a compression fitting. It has a threaded pipe. It appears to have about a 3/8" OD. But it does not look like it will take a FIP compression fitting. I think I need some sort of adapter.

I would appreciate some help in figuring what I need.