Buderus gb142-30 fault code 9L 234 help

Users who are viewing this thread

mjcotter

Reaction score
Buderus GB142-30 installed in 2012. 2 zones. Buderus Logamax hot water tank attached.

Currently, no hot water, no heat. Checked boiler and it was dark. Swapped out the UBA 3 fuse with the spare and the boiler booted up. It flashed P12, H7 and 9L 234.

I was able to clear the P12 and H7 by increasing the water pressure to about 15-16 psi.

I still have the 9L 234 code and nothing seems to be working. Any thoughts about what would cause this fault code?

I think I also have a crack in the condensate trap near where it attaches to boiler. It's a tough angle to get a look, but it looks like it. I was told this is a common problem with the unit.

Thankfully, it's not January! However, it is cold here in MA last night and tonight. I'm going to have a mutiny on my hands if I can't get the family hot showers soon. :)

Thanks for any help!!

mjcotter

Reaction score
A buddy of a buddy stopped by today to take a look. Said his company used to install these all the time, but stopped after a few years due to issues... he removed the large unit that the gas valve, circulator, etc are all connected to and reseated it. That seemed to clear out the 9L 234 code. I was impressed at how streamlined the unit is to disassemble, nice job Buderus. The new code pointed to the ignitor (I forget the exact code). We looked at that and it was mangled pretty good, he said he'd never seen one look like that and thought that might have been what caused the UBA 3 fuse to blow. Installed new ignitor, new flame sensor, and a new condensate trap (current one was cracked) and gave it a cleaning. That seems to have done the trick. Unit starts up fine and there are no codes displayed. We have hot water!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks