Bradford White RG240T6N vs URG150TGN

Users who are viewing this thread

mike9191915

Reaction score
Water heater (GE, 40G, installed in 2008) stopped working.

Phone number of original plumber didn't work anymore so I had to find a new one!

I called around and most of the plumbers were giving quotes with Bradford White. Most of the quotes (if they provided the model) was Bradford White RG240T6N. I looked around and didn't find any horrible consumer report reviews of this model -- but the fact that everyone quoted that made me concerned it was super-cheap model... Oh well, I don't see living here more than 5 years so maybe that's enough? I picked a plumber offering to install that model.

After the installation, I was reviewing the plumber's work and noticed the model number was different than RG240T6N. It was URG150T6N. I pointed out the difference and after a moment he was like "oh yeah, I made a mistake -- the good news is you're getting 50G instead of 40G." I asked what the "URG" vs "RG" and "2" vs "1" meant in the model numbers and he "wasn't sure." I was kind of sad about that answer -- I figure these indicate something, but I can't find a legend for Bradford White SKU info.

It seemed overkill asking to make him replace it after having already installed it (even if it was the wrong one). I can't find much information about URG150T6N. Does the "U" mean like "refurbished" or something? What does the "1" vs "2" mean? Did I get tricked or was it likely an inadvertent mistake?

Thanks!

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The difference is probably only the size - 40 gallons vs 50 gallons.

Not all models are available around at all times, so your plumber picked up a model that fits your requirements from the supply house stock.

You are going to stay in this place for 5 years? Don't worry about the WH.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks