Bonding a broken acrylic piece of Kohler tub apron

Users who are viewing this thread

KristinK

Reaction score
Hi all - I bought a new but damaged Kohler Archer tub on Craigslist for my bathroom renovation. The corner of the tub's apron was broken off -- basically a triangle with 2-3" sides. Since it's not structural, I figure I can bond it back on and we should be good to go. I've been looking at acrylic cements and getting confused about which one to choose. Anyone know either 1) the exact material that Kohler acrylic tubs are made of or even better 2) which acrylic glue I should use? Looking at the various Weld On and SCIGRIP products. Thanks all! -Kristin

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Kohler calls it Vikrell, which I think is a fiber-reinforced plastic. West makes some handy G/Flex epoxy repair kits that would likely serve you well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks