Boiler flush - how often? Power flush?

Users who are viewing this thread

TurboMan

Reaction score
Bought a home three years ago with two Raypak H3-01803 residential boilers. I know they are very old. Do not know when the previous owner had them serviced but they did look to be in good condition. Just wanted to know is this something a handy person can themselves? Or should the system be power flushed? What is the typical flush interval? What is a typical price to pay for boiler flushing? Looking on google it says every year with the prices between $100 - $600. That does not seem correct to me.

TurboMan

Reaction score
Little more info. Both systems are for radiant heat in a concrete slab. They are water based sealed systems. Talked to my neighbor and he said if they are sealed systems then they should not need flushing. He mentioned possibly adding some scale prevention.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks