Blue paste like substance clogging taps and hot water circulation

Users who are viewing this thread

salman

Reaction score
I have 2 American Water heaters 80gallons each and a hot water circulation pump. 3 weeks ago the faucets and showers started clogging up with a blue like material (see pics). We opened both ends of the hot water circulation pipe and pressure flushed it. A big chunk of the blue stuff came out (See photo). My first thought is that the dip tubes had disintegrated and checked those both were fine. The anode in the heater is also fine. At this point i am kinda stumped at what this material is and where it came from.
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-21 at 12.50.56 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-21 at 12.51.10 PM.jpeg

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
If you are city water I would probably ask them about this.... and is this only on
the hot side of the system, are you sure that it is not also on the cold side too??

It looks like some additive that the water company might throw into the system at every change of the seasons..
Are you on a well or city water??/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks