Bathroom drain problem

Users who are viewing this thread

jure

Reaction score
Hello,

I have problem in a bathroom, on the floor is a drain where water leaks out if I open shower in a bathtub or if I open water in a kitchen or water in a bathroom sink.

If I flush the toilet the water is not leaking out, I can't even take a shower because water really goes out fast, i attached photo of the hole where the water goes out.

I already had this problem a month ago and we put some baking soda and vinegar and didn't use water for few days and it was OK but now even baking soda doesn't help, I don't know if I have a clogged pipes but this normally happens if I take a bath with full of water and then after I drain the water it start to leaks out the hole and I can't use water any more, if I am only taking fast showers this doesn't happen, I am living in a apartment building with more apartments in the 1st floor and I have a filling the sewer here is not OK.

Attachments

• 20200419_163451.jpg
    20200419_163451.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 144

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The toilet would be connected to a bigger pipe than the pipe for the shower and sink. It may be that snaking the shower and sink is all you need to clear the line. A small hand snake would be all you need there.

jure

Reaction score
The toilet would be connected to a bigger pipe than the pipe for the shower and sink. It may be that snaking the shower and sink is all you need to clear the line. A small hand snake would be all you need there.

I use this cable on the photo and push it inside the hole where the water goes out, so i should just push the cable thru bath sifon and sink? problem is that i cant unscrew the bath tub sifon beacuse the screw just rotates, it doesnt want to unscrew

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How about a picture of the tub drain? 800 pixels or less.
We normally snake those from the overflow. I don't know what yours would look like. Ours is like the picture below.

watco_innovator.jpg

jure

Reaction score
How about a picture of the tub drain? 800 pixels or less.
We normally snake those from the overflow. I don't know what yours would look like. Ours is like the picture below.

watco_innovator.jpg

this is a photo of the tub drain, it drains water ok but the water pours from that holl after

im using this cable, in the kitchen the drain was clogged few times but i clean it sucessfully

Attachments

• 20200419_185325.jpg
    20200419_185325.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 20200419_183406.jpg
    20200419_183406.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 140

jure

Reaction score
still no change, i push 5 m long cable into the bath tub drain but water is still going out there

jure

Reaction score
i put a shower hose in the bath drain and out come some white pieces

Attachments

• 20200423_181116.jpg
    20200423_181116.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 20200423_181109.jpg
    20200423_181109.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 20200423_181125.jpg
    20200423_181125.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 123

Reach4

Reaction score
I have problem in a bathroom, on the floor is a drain where water leaks out if I open shower in a bathtub or if I open water in a kitchen or water in a bathroom sink.
Kitchen? That is odd. Maybe your kitchen drain is plumbed in with your bathroom plumbing.

Is that floor drain your lowest drain for the house? If so, it could be your first indication that you need to get your septic tank pumped.

jure

Reaction score
Kitchen? That is odd. Maybe your kitchen drain is plumbed in with your bathroom plumbing.

Is that floor drain your lowest drain for the house? If so, it could be your first indication that you need to get your septic tank pumped.

this is the apartement building, we live on the first floor but others dont have this problem, 3 months ago it was the same problem but i just put baking soda and vinegar and it was ok until now.
But now i try everything and water is still going out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks