Basement Bathroom Group Horizontal Wet Vent with AAV

Users who are viewing this thread

SCDYIRook

Reaction score
This is my first post to this site- I've read a lot of valuable information on here so I figured I would try to get an answer to my question. I live in the upstate of South Carolina. Also, for reference in the attached picture, the left of the picture is where the vertical stack is located that connects the 1st floor bathroom to the main line in the basement (black lines) that leads to the sewer. My bathroom proposal will be connecting into the main line in the basement floor. Thanks in advance!

Regarding the picture I have attached, my main concern and questions are:

1) Is this the correct order of fixtures? Given I am using an AAV (which I plan I putting into the wall with an access panel), does the order in which the branch arms from the shower and lav entering the 3" branch matter? Is my drawing correct or should I flip the order of the shower and lav branch arms?

2) Is it fine for me to use the 4 x 3 y with 1/4 turn (long sweep) where the branch enters the main line or is there a better suggestion?

3) Any other input or suggestions for improvement would be greatly welcome.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Drain.png
    Drain.png
    544.4 KB · Views: 76

rcfargen

Reaction score
This is my first post to this site- I've read a lot of valuable information on here so I figured I would try to get an answer to my question. I live in the upstate of South Carolina. Also, for reference in the attached picture, the left of the picture is where the vertical stack is located that connects the 1st floor bathroom to the main line in the basement (black lines) that leads to the sewer. My bathroom proposal will be connecting into the main line in the basement floor. Thanks in advance!

Regarding the picture I have attached, my main concern and questions are:

1) Is this the correct order of fixtures? Given I am using an AAV (which I plan I putting into the wall with an access panel), does the order in which the branch arms from the shower and lav entering the 3" branch matter? Is my drawing correct or should I flip the order of the shower and lav branch arms?

2) Is it fine for me to use the 4 x 3 y with 1/4 turn (long sweep) where the branch enters the main line or is there a better suggestion?

3) Any other input or suggestions for improvement would be greatly welcome.

Thanks again!
Did you figure out if this is ok. I have the same configuration

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks