Bar sink drain basket connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Dielectricunion

Reaction score
I'm replacing a broken strainer on a 3 compartment bar sink this week. It uses 1" NPS strainers. It drains to PVC via 1" female adapters. This makes it a bit awkward, but not impossible to service. Can anyone recommend a better way to reconfigure it, or should I just leave it alone? I'm replacing all 3 strainers regardless. Thanks!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
A bar sink drain should be 1.5" tubular.

I guess it depends on the size of the openings usually bar sink drains are smaller, but a 1.5" flanged tailpiece should still fit it. Not sure what kind of Chinese thing you have there.

Dielectricunion

Reaction score
A bar sink drain should be 1.5" tubular.

I guess it depends on the size of the openings usually bar sink drains are smaller, but a 1.5" flanged tailpiece should still fit it. Not sure what kind of Chinese thing you have there.
Unfortunately this particular sink has very small drain openings. I don't know whether it is Chinese or not but they are not planning to replace the sink and it only fits baskets with a 1" thread and a very narrow flange.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unfortunately this particular sink has very small drain openings. I don't know whether it is Chinese or not but they are not planning to replace the sink and it only fits baskets with a 1" thread and a very narrow flange.
Never heard of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks