Bad Contractor with tub installation

Users who are viewing this thread

RLK

Reaction score
Ok, I don't know what to do. My contractor cut the tile flange off my tub. Now there is a gap and we were having tiling done for the surround of this tub. I should mention this tub is a drop in style whirlpool tub. My contractor is trying to get out of replacing the tub, but he has made my warranty null and void for any water damage that could occur in the future. I paid extra to have a tile flange put on my tub, he ruined it, and I think he should replace the tub. What are people's thoughts and advice to me on this.
Thank you

RLK

Reaction score
How about uploading some pictures 800 pixels or less, and some model numbers?
I'm not sure I'll be able to upload the pictures. But I have had a few people see the damage and all agree there's no way to tile there now. The tub wasn't even secured tight up against the wall in the first place, this is at the end of the tub, opposite the faucet area. And I was concerned about that wall under the tub not being covered with anything because it was an outside wall. So the guy shoved a piece of durock behind there. That's when I was told by others that there should not have been enough space to get that back there. And it was after he shoved that back there that he cut off the tile flange in that area. He also made chips in my tub when he was cutting that off, plus scratches on the top of the tub where he had sat, and a lot of scuffs throughout the inside of the tub from all the durock. The manufacturer does agree that there is a warranty issue now. Just waiting to get everything in writing, but I am afraid that the contractor will still try to get out of paying for a new tub. Not sure what to do.....
Thank you
RLK

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks