Anything wrong with this junction box install and cable running to it - bend radius?

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
This is in bathroom - just below mirror(medicine cabinet) - this will be jn box - obviously outlet is towards the other wall (kitchen wall) its a small appliance outlet - we will put a drywall over it

Question is - is there anything wrong with this install? I mean the way nm cable is inserted and that it is almost on the edge where it will barely touch drywall (we have not covered it with drywall yet - again this portion is below mirror(medicine cabinet)

also I read about min. bend radius and I have bent it almost 90 degree - so inspector will call for it?
and Also it will barely touch drywall (we have not covered it with drywall yet - again this portion is below mirror(medicine cabinet).

red line is showing Romex path

Attachments

• 20231227_093310.jpg
    20231227_093310.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 54
  • 20231227_093249.jpg
    20231227_093249.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 59

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I do not believe there is a max radius bend. nail the NM cable to the stud and make a wide radius bend before inserting it through the stud. Anchor the NM 12" before the bend, the another anchor between the stud and box.

What you need to do is place the NM in the center of the studs and you'll need a nail plate on both sides of the wall. I'm not a electrician so I'm not sure if one is required on the already finished kitchen wall.

It can be a challenge on the kitchen side. You may be able to hammer one in between the dry wall and stud.

The general rule for NM cable is to secure the cable within 12 inches of the box and every 4.5 feet thereafter.

shopping
Y
ou can bend the pins back to allow it to be insert between the drywall and stud.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks