Any creative solutions for top of tank rear inlet water supply?

Users who are viewing this thread

DoinMyBest@46

Reaction score
I'm hoping I can tap into the knowledge in this forum, I've often consulted it, but never posted. Short story is this: Renovating a bathroom and needed to remove the 1929 American Standard "Monaco" toilet with a rotary curtin valve that was fed by a rear water inlet (37" from floor). My problem now is that I can't seem to find any rear inlet toilets here in the states. The only ones that I find are in the UK or AUS. I realized that all I need to do (I think) is run a braided supply line down to whatever toilet I get...but, I was wondering if: A) anyone knew of a place, in the states, who would make such a model? One with a high tank that feeds from the upper back of the tank? or; B) Can propose a solution that might take the lemons and make lemonade (I know that's probably the worst idiom to use when talking toilets, apologies) and create an "interesting" water supply run? Like a glass coiled pipe? This is the kid's bathroom so, I do like the "closed skirt, concealed trap" design of the modern toilets, but that leaves a good 6"-8" to deal with the inlet above.

The quickest fix would probably be to open up the wall, see if the supply is running upward, cut the pipe and create a lower rear inlet, but, the way things are going, I'm a bit hesitant to do this.

Any thoughts or ideas or advice is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo May 19, 2 18 50 PM.jpeg
    Photo May 19, 2 18 50 PM.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Photo May 19, 2 03 59 PM.jpeg
    Photo May 19, 2 03 59 PM.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 329

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you're going to redo the walls, I'd just move the supply to a location that would work with a modern toilet. If you choose one with a skirt, make sure that you have the proper offset from the centerline and height above the floor so you don't run into clearance issues.

DoinMyBest@46

Reaction score
Thanks, Jim. Smart idea, makes sense. We were hoping to keep the shiplap wall, but, I'm thinking I should just remove, and adjust the supply line accordingly. Shiplap can be easy to pull out, put back in, but the T&G makes it a bit more intensive...at least for me. I should see what's behind there..maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be some hidden rare coins or a Superman No. 1 in a sealed sleeve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks