Air injector

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr. P

Reaction score
Good day gentleman,

I am asking for some suggestions in choosing a simple air injector of high quality and assistance concerning the exact location to correctly install the air injector along with any other mandatory equipment or tanks necessary for an air injection system to operate correctly. Evidently this extra dissolved oxygen will help the iron filter media in it's function.

My current system consists of a deep well submersible (94 feet) with the following piping/equipment flow (from well to house) consisting of a relief valve, pressure switch/gauge, diaphragm pressure tank, iron filter, softener system, then to the homestead. The iron filter utilizes BIRM media without any air injection. I have perused the internet and have found 2 methods of installation. One way is to use a type of holding tank or contact tank/vent and the other diagram pointed to injector installation just prior to the pressure tank. Which of these two methods is considered the most correct? I was under the assumption that entrained air in the water supply side of a bladder or diaphragm tank was verboten....

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If you entrain air with a micronizer, I suggest a hydro-pneumatic tank rather than a bladder/diaphragm tank. The iron will precipitate and build up inside the tank so it is best to have a tank with separate inlet, outlet, and blow down ports.

Mr. P

Reaction score
If you entrain air with a micronizer, I suggest a hydro-pneumatic tank rather than a bladder/diaphragm tank. The iron will precipitate and build up inside the tank so it is best to have a tank with separate inlet, outlet, and blow down ports.

Can the hydro-pneumatic tank be used in addition to the diaphragm tank?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks