Air Gap Location

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumbIt

Reaction score
I have a left/rear offset disposal with DW to the left of the sink. Drain in wall at center of cabinet. The Insikerater has the DW and Drain inlet and outlet on the same side. So If I rotate it to face drain, my DW inlet also faces drain toward center of cabinet. Where do I put the air gap? Left or right. At left the air gap outlet (disposal inlet) hose will have to snake around the disposal (solid line). Air gap on far right the DW drain will have to traverse the entire rear of the cabinet (36"; dashed lines).
DW.png

Last edited:

pipo816

Reaction score
I believe I have a situation with my drain pipe for my softener. The installer didn’t connect an air gap valve. I don’t see how can I install it due ti the location of the sewer pipe. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_4067.jpeg
    IMG_4067.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4060.jpeg
    IMG_4060.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 19
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks